Author Topic: BLOG: The International Association for Jungian Studies (IAJS)  (Read 2154 times)

Matt Koeske

• Management
    • Useless Science
BLOG: The International Association for Jungian Studies (IAJS)
« on: September 22, 2009, 04:23:07 PM »

Please click here to read the entire blog post.  Feel free to discuss the post in this forum or leave comments on the blog.

Last week I faxed in my application to the IAJS.  The International Association for Jungian Studies.  Their website is http://www.jungianstudies.org/.  I don't know very much about the IAJS, but their About Us page and Constitution intrigued me.  The gist of what intrigued me:

About the IAJS

The IAJS exists to promote and develop Jungian and post-Jungian studies and scholarship on an international basis. The IAJS is a multidisciplinary association dedicated to the exploration and exchange of views about all aspects of the broader cultural legacy of Jung's work and the history of analytical psychology. Through the development of Jungian and post-Jungian studies, the IAJS aims to aid the understanding of contemporary cultural trends and the history of psychological and cultural tendencies. For example, the association promotes:

* Scholarship relating analytical psychology to the arts and humanities, social sciences and philosophy as well as clinical, methodological and theoretical research
        * The application of the concepts of Jungian and post-Jungian analytical psychology to literature, theatre, film and media studies, religious studies
        * Applications in medicine, physics, and the philosophy and history of science
        * Practice-based research in education, culture, therapy and the arts

and . . .

Membership is open to those from any discipline, artistic or cultural practice, including analysts and psychotherapists, with an interest in Jungian and post-Jungian studies at a scholarly level.

All members shall have equal voting rights.

I should also mention that the application is merely a monetary payment to join and requires no other qualifications.  The membership includes (I think) access to the IAJS Journal and a members-only web forum that sounded interesting . . . .

Keep reading at the Useless Science Blog
You can always come back, but you can’t come back all the way.

[Bob Dylan,"Mississippi]