Author Topic: Calling all Heroines!  (Read 3698 times)

Matt Koeske

• Management
    • Useless Science
Calling all Heroines!
« on: July 12, 2007, 03:58:07 PM »

As an offshoot of the just-mentioned Animi Dream Collection project proposal, I would also like to start a collection of heroine fairytales (and myths).  Women as heroes . . . as individuating ego characters.

There are some books out there that deal with this subject, but I'd still like to build our own resource here, especially as it could develop in tandem with the collection of animus dreams (which, we might hypothesize, it might at least casually parallel).

I will open up a non-member forum for the posting of heroine tales.  Posting can be done anonymously if desired.  We'll have to keep an eye on copyright violations as some fairytales may exist (or be known by the poster) only in recently retold, copyrighted versions.  But there are a lot of public domain fairytale websites out there to draw from (and a lot of the classic collections like Grimms' and Afanasev's should be public domain by now).  The notion that a fairytale could be copyrighted kind of sickens me, but I guess that's the world we live in.

Any feedback on this idea or further brainstorming on how best to accomplish it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
You can always come back, but you can’t come back all the way.

[Bob Dylan,"Mississippi]

Maria

• Dream Work Vessel
Re: Calling all Heroines!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 08:05:48 AM »
(Dear Matt,

I like the idea of sharing and discussing fairytales. One of the things we could do is not post the fairytale itself if we find it online, only give the reference to the page where it can be read, and then only the discussion would be within the forum.

Alternatively, we could also write our own fairytales... couldn't we, Roger?  ;)

What do you think?

Love,

Maria)
"Thou speak'st aright;
I am that merry wanderer of the night."

(Puck)

Matt Koeske

• Management
    • Useless Science
Re: Calling all Heroines!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 04:57:08 PM »
(Dear Matt,

I like the idea of sharing and discussing fairytales. One of the things we could do is not post the fairytale itself if we find it online, only give the reference to the page where it can be read, and then only the discussion would be within the forum.

Linking is a perfectly fine alternative . . . especially when in doubt regarding copyright.  But if possible, I think it would be nice to collect actual texts together here, because sometimes smaller sites go under or (as has already happened once) some sites aren't secure and could have viruses, adware, or just a lot of annoying ads . . . or they could be formatted in an obnoxious way.

My ultimate desire would be to provide a resource to people interested in such fairytales . . . and especially to a greater Jungian community that might be interested in not only enjoying them, but studying them as well.

Regrettably, I have so much on my plate right now that I'm not sure when I will find the time to get this ball rolling.  I have a few animus fairytales in mind, but I will have to either track them down online or scan them.

Any volunteers interested in helping with this project are absolutely welcome to step forward  (-)howdy(-) !

Thanks,
Matt

You can always come back, but you can’t come back all the way.

[Bob Dylan,"Mississippi]